Sensex down 67.17 points in the afternoon tradeJuly 11th, 2012 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 11 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was Wednesday trading 67.17 points lower in afternoon trade, led by a selling spree in auto, oil and gas and metals stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), opened at 17,553.97 points and was trading at 17,551.18 points, down 0.38 percent or 67.17 points from its previous close at 17,618.35 points.
However, BSE mid-cap was up 21.56 points and small cap was higher by 11.20 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also was trading at 5,329.55 points down 15.80 points or 0.30 percent.
The BSE automobile index was down 69.23 points, while the oil and gas index was down 68.18 points and the metal index 55.11 points down respectively.
Major Sensex gainers were Infosys, up 26.90 points at Rs.2,486; SBI, up 19.90 points at Rs.2,242; HDFC Bank, up 3.60 points at Rs.592; Larsen and Toubro (L&T;), up 5.55 points at Rs.1,423.35; and Hero MotoCorp, up 5.56 points at Rs.2,070.50.
The main losers were Wipro, down 9.10 points at Rs.375.40; Hindalco Inds, down 2.75 points at Rs.124.85; Tata Motors, down 4.30 points at Rs.242.10; ITC, down 3.65 points at Rs.254.50; and BHEL, 3.30 points down at Rs.232.55.
On the Asian front, Japan’s Nikkei was down 0.08 percent, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was lower by 0.09 percent. However, China’s Shanghai Composite index was up 0.51 percent.
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex extends losses on week European cues (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex tanks 223 points, Infosys down 9 percent - Jul 12, 2012
- Sensex closes 128 points down, BHEL, ICICI Bank shares hit (Roundup) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 20 points; metal, auto index up - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex up 225.14 points, oil and gas stocks soar - Aug 06, 2012
- Sensex ends 93 points higher; IT, consumer durable stocks up( Roundup) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex ends 72 points down; metal, consumer durable stocks fall (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: afternoon trade, auto oil, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, gas index, hang seng, inds, larsen and toubro, metal index, mid cap, national stock exchange, rs 2, rs 232, sbi, sensex, sensitive index, shanghai composite index, tata motors