Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fallMay 25th, 2012 - 2:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 35.68 points down around 12.30 p.m. Friday on heavy selling pressure in consumer durable, oil and gas and automobile stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 16,186.62 points, down by 0.22 percent or 35.68 points down from its previous close of 16,222.30 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,213.24 points and a low of 16,118.35 points in the intra-day trade. The Sensex midcap was up 25.81 points but smallcap was up 31.96 points.
The BSE consumer durable index was down by 36.02 points, followed by oil and gas down by 40.48 points and automobile index down by 29.29 points.
Major Sensex losers included Maruti Suzuki, down by 1.86 percent at Rs.1,123.95; Mahindra and Mahindra, down 1.30 percent at Rs.642.7; HDFC, down 1.02 percent at Rs.655.80; Jindal Steel, down 0.95 percent at Rs.464.15; Hindustan Unilever, down 0.75 percent at Rs.421.50.
Sensex gainers were Sterlite Industries, up by 2.15 percent at Rs.97.40; Tata Steel, up 1.92 percent at Rs.406.20; DLF, up 1.62 percent at Rs.187.95; Gail India, up 1.43 percent at Rs.330; Hero MotoCorp, up 1.06 percent at Rs.1,842.
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex down 119 points; consumer durable, auto stocks fall - May 23, 2012
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex up 11 points in noon trade - May 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes below 1,6000-mark (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex falls 126 points on weak rupee and global cues (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Sensex down 87 points as rise in inflation dampens rate cut hopes - Jun 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; metal, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, dlf, durable oil, gainers, gas stocks, hdfc, hindustan, mahindra and mahindra, maruti suzuki, midcap, oil and gas, rs 1, sensex, sensitive index, smallcap, sterlite industries, tata steel, unilever