Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead)August 22nd, 2012 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 22 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 38 points down Wednesday in choppy trade that saw realty, power and capital goods stocks coming under selling pressure.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,827.25 points, closed at 17,846.86 points (provisional), 0.21 percent or 38.40 points down from its previous day’s close at 17,885.26 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,912.08 points and a low of 17,800.29 points in intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.15 percent down at 5,412.85 points.
The BSE realty index was down 13.37 points. And so were the power index, up 14.45 points, and the capital goods index, up 34.51 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Coal India, up 1.31 percent at Rs.356.65; Dr Reddys Lab, up 1.18 percent at Rs.1,678.70; Infosys, up 1.08 percent at Rs.2,433; Hero MotoCorp, up 0.94 percent at Rs.1,936.75; and Bajaj Auto, up 0.86 percent at Rs.1,726.75.
The main Sensex losers were Bharti Airtel, down 3.89 percent at Rs.248.60; NTPC, down 1.38 percent at Rs.171.40; Sterlite Inds, down 1.32 percent at Rs.112.20; HDFC, down 0.87 percent at Rs.726.50; and RIL, down 0.80 percent at Rs.807.80.
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex extends losses on week European cues (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex down 168 points - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex closes in red on weak European cues (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes in red (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 47 points down, metal, capital goods stocks slump (Roundup) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points down on weak European cues (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex recovers initial losses, trading flat (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: airtel, bajaj, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, coal india, dr reddys lab, gainers, hdfc, inds, infosys, losers, national stock exchange, ntpc, power index, ril, rs 1, rs 2, sensitive index