Senior RAW officer arrested for taking bribe sent to jailFebruary 5th, 2009 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 5 (IANS) A court sent a senior Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) officer arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs.100,000 from a Chennai-based manufacturer to jail Thursday. CBI Judge P.K. Saxena sent the accused, A.S. Narayan Rao - a director level official of RAW - to 14 days judicial custody.
Rao, working as a scientist in the technical division of the RAW, was arrested by the CBI from a hotel in Karol Bagh in the capital when he was allegedly taking the amount from the manufacturer Monday night.
Rao had demanded Rs.800,000 from the Chennai-based company, promising them that he would get their files cleared. The company allegedly paid him Rs.100,000 as the first instalment of the bribe.
- RAW officer arrested accepting bribe, sent to police custody (Lead) - Feb 03, 2009
- CBI arrests RAW official for taking bribe - Feb 03, 2009
- CBI arrests engineer for taking Rs.25,000 bribe - Dec 02, 2010
- CBI remand for Punjab woman police officer - Jul 25, 2011
- Bank of India official arrested for bribery - Jul 07, 2012
- Sun TV senior executive arrested (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Sun TV MD arrested in cheating case - Jul 04, 2011
- ONGC official held for bribe sent to judicial custody - Feb 08, 2012
- CBI arrests senior Revenue Intelligence official for graft - Mar 07, 2012
- CBI questioning Jagan for second day - Jun 04, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- Stage set for arrest of suspended Andhra CBI judge - Jun 02, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
- Two TV channel directors held for forgery - Jul 23, 2012
- Air force engineer in CBI net for bribe - Mar 11, 2011