Senior police officials probing DDA scam transferredFebruary 21st, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) Additional Commissioner of Police S.B.K. Singh and Assistant Commissioner of Police Deepak Purohit, both involved in the probe into the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) housing scam, have been transferred out of the national capital, officials said Saturday.
Singh, who headed the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police, has been moved to Puducherry. Purohit, who was heading the investigation into the DDA housing scheme 2008, has been transferred to Daman and Diu. The transfer orders came from the home ministry.
“Singh received his transfer order Friday while Purhoit was officially informed two days ago. But their reliving orders have not been dispatched as yet,” said a senior police officer.
“They will be given their reliving letters on Monday. No other officials have yet been appointed in their places,” the official said.
According to the official, Singh had been transferred out of Delhi some seven-eight months ago but Delhi Police Commissioner Y.S. Dadwal intervened and the trasnfer was deferred.
The latest development comes after a three-member internal inquiry committee of the DDA absolved its officers and submitted a report to the central government Friday.
EOW started investigating the scam after a man who was allotted a flat in the draw of lots told the police that he had not even applied for a flat. Seven people have so far been arrested in the housing scam.
Under the DDA housing scheme of 2008, 5,238 flats were allotted against the over 500,000 applications received. The draw of lots was held Dec 16, but soon there were allegations that it was rigged.
The EOW is probing a complaint that a cartel of property dealers was trying to corner the DDA flats reserved for applicants from the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- Court gives green signal to DDA to allot flats - Nov 06, 2009
- Absconding property dealer held in DDA scam - Oct 24, 2009
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- DDA picks lots for 16,000 flats in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011
- Key financer held in DDA scam - Apr 28, 2009
- All DDA allottees asked to file details as police probe scam - Jan 21, 2009
- Delhi Police register fresh case, seek details from DDA - Jan 19, 2009
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009
- Key DDA scam financier remanded to police custody (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- DDA inquiry committee submits report on housing scam - Feb 20, 2009
- Property dealer arrested in DDA housing scam - Mar 20, 2009
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011