Senior police officer crushes newly weds to deathJuly 20th, 2008 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 20 (IANS) A newly wed couple on a two-wheeler was killed allegedly because of rash driving by a senior police official in Tamil Nadu, official sources said here Sunday. “The additional superintendent of police S. Murugan, who caused the accident because of his rash and negligent driving of the car, has been admitted to hospital with multiple fractures. The bodies of the young couple, who were married only on July 9 and died on the spot, have been handed over to their relatives,” a senior official said.
Sources denied that the officer was driving under influence of alcohol.
Departmental action is likely to be initiated against the officer for his “negligent act”, sources added.
- Bus driver charges civic officers with negligence for pothole - Jan 11, 2012
- Women two-wheeler riders may have to wear helmets - Jul 04, 2011
- Senior Goa cop under scanner for son using official vehicle - Dec 09, 2009
- Indian-origin American gets bail in road accident case - Jan 11, 2012
- No helmet, no petrol in this Uttar Pradesh district - Apr 11, 2011
- No helmet, no petrol in Ranchi - Jan 31, 2012
- 12 injured in Valley road accidents - Dec 22, 2010
- Road accidents spiral in Bihar, kill 1,500 - May 04, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- 20 schoolkids injured in Rajasthan accident - Jul 26, 2012
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Life back to normal in east Delhi, six more arrested - Sep 05, 2012
- Truck crushes Gurgaon student - Jun 24, 2010
- Tripura introduces high security vehicle number plates - Jul 30, 2012
- Goa policeman suspended for gambling on duty - Nov 17, 2010