Senior national hockey championship in Bhopal June 10-19May 26th, 2011 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) The senior national hockey championship will be held at Bhopal from June 10 to 19.
This is the first senior national championship organised by Hockey India (HI) since it was formed in 2009.
In all, 32 teams have confirmed participation in the tournament that will be played on a league-cum-knockout format.
“The matches will be played on four artificial pitches at Aishbagh Stadium, Mayur Park and Sports Authority of India (SAI) turfs. Floodlights will be used at both Aishbagh stadium and SAI centre,” said HI in a statement.
Probables for the coaching camps for the national team for various international competitions in 2011 and 2012 will be selected after the tournament.
The men’s team will compete in the Asian Champions Trophy at Ordos, China in early September followed by a Test series and a four-nation tournament in Australia in October.
India will then play in the men’s Champions Trophy in Delhi in December and also host the 1st Olympic qualifier Feb 15-26.
- Tamil Nadu take on Uttarakhand in opening match of national hockey - Jun 04, 2011
- Asian Champions Trophy: Indian eves lose 0-4 to China - Sep 08, 2011
- HI gets government nod for Champions Trophy, Olympic qualifiers - Jun 16, 2011
- National hockey: Heat forces 7 a.m. start for quarterfinal - Jun 15, 2011
- WSH gets National Stadium, Olympic camps shifted out - Dec 02, 2011
- Hockey nationals: Holders Haryana drawn with Bhopal - Sep 20, 2012
- Pakistan drop seniors for Asian Champions Trophy hockey - Aug 19, 2011
- Geet Sethi, Pankaj Advani for inaugural Kolkata Open snooker - Apr 26, 2012
- Sandeep, Sardara breached discipline: Rajpal - Aug 29, 2011
- Halappa out of Asian Champions Trophy - Aug 12, 2011
- Thirty-six teams in fray for hockey nationals - Sep 21, 2012
- India to face Pakistan in Asian Champions Trophy hockey - Aug 05, 2011
- Hockey India appoint Hawgood as women's coach - Jul 23, 2012
- Indian players reject Hockey India cash award - Sep 14, 2011
- Qualification for 2012 Olympics tough: Nobbs - Sep 13, 2011