Senior IPS officer dies in GurgaonJune 12th, 2011 - 4:10 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon/Chandigarh, June 12 (IANS) Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Manjit Singh Ahlawat died under mysterious circumstances Sunday after falling from the balcony of his sister’s fourth-floor house in Gurgaon, a satellite town of the national capital, police said.
Police say an investigation was being conducted into the sudden death of Ahlawat, who was posted as an inspector general of police (IGP) at the India Reserve Batallon (IRB) centre at Bhondsi near Gurgaon.
According to police, Ahlawat had gone for a family party at his sister’s flat in Gurgaon’s Sector 15 Saturday evening.
“Around 2.30 am, he went to the balcony of the flat. He lost his balance and fell from the balcony,” a close aide of Ahlawat told IANS.
He was rushed to a nearby private hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
- Drunk held for gas blast threat - Mar 24, 2012
- Haryana to recruit 11,000 constables - Sep 10, 2012
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- Allahabad High Court ex-judge commits suicide (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- BSF trooper found hanging in training campus - Mar 26, 2012
- Drunk pilot falls off building, dies - Jun 26, 2011
- British teen plunges 11 floors to death - Mar 27, 2012
- Former high court judge commits suicide in Lucknow - Jun 14, 2012
- To escape rape, Russian woman jumps from fourth floor - Jul 06, 2012
- Gurgaon domestic help jumps to death - May 14, 2012
- Jail warden held for providing mobiles to inmates - May 06, 2012
- Abducted Noida man found in Haryana - Jan 11, 2011
- Maid jumps to death in Gurgaon, employers booked - May 14, 2012
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,