Senior Himachal Pradesh bureaucrat granted bailOctober 22nd, 2008 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 22 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh High Court Wednesday granted bail to senior bureaucrat Subhash Ahluwalia, who was arrested by the state vigilance bureau earlier this month on charges of corruption.Justice Surinder Singh Thakur granted bail to Ahluwalia, who was principal private secretary to former chief minister Virbhadra Singh, on the plea that the vigilance had interrogated him a number of times even before his arrest.
The district court had sent the bureaucrat to 14 days of judicial remand Monday. Before the judicial remand, Ahluwalia was in police custody for 11 days.
Ahluwalia, a 1989 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, has been charged with illegally amassing wealth.
Ahluwalia was considered close to Congress chief minister Singh. The vigilance, during raids on the residences of Ahluwalia, found 16 bank accounts having more than Rs.13.4 million in deposits.
The vigilance bureau also made assessment of properties owned by the him in Shimla, Panchkula in Haryana, Kansal near Chandigarh and Gurgaon.
- Judicial remand for senior Himachal Pradesh bureaucrat - Oct 20, 2008
- Police remand of Himachal Pradesh bureaucrat extended - Oct 16, 2008
- Suspension of controversial Himachal bureaucrat revoked - Jun 17, 2009
- Himachal bureaucrat gets time to respond to narco test plea - Nov 22, 2008
- Himachal asked to give details on its tainted officials - Sep 04, 2010
- Himachal bureaucrat's bail plea hearing reserved - Oct 14, 2008
- Virbhadra Singh seeks speedy trial in graft case - Sep 07, 2012
- Woman IAS officer gets bail in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
- Himachal bureaucrat's bail plea order again reserved - Oct 15, 2008
- Himachal bureaucrat to be quizzed for suspected graft - Oct 09, 2008
- High court cancels IAS officer's bail in Emaar case - Mar 27, 2012
- Virbhadra to appear before court in graft case - Nov 26, 2010
- Graft case: Virbhadra exempted from personal appearance - Dec 16, 2010
- IAS officer Srilakshmi surrenders in court - Jan 06, 2012
- Andhra court cancels IAS officer's bail in mining case - Jan 02, 2012