Senior Delhi cop praises Ronit RoyOctober 28th, 2011 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 28 (IANS) A senior officer of the Delhi traffic police Friday complimented actor actor Ronit Roy for taking to hospital the injured occupants of the car he had hit in Mumbai Thursday
“Good gesture by Ronit Roy that he took the injured to hospital,” Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Satyendra Garg posted on the Facebook page of the force that has more than 85,000 followers.
However, he advocated the need for responsible driving, especially by celebrities.
“…Celebrities are to be real icons in responsible driving,” Garg added.
The 42-year-old Roy was arrested Thursday after his speeding Mercedes rammed into another car, injuring three of its four occupants, including a woman who is in critical condition. A court later granted him bail.
The incident occurred on the Link Road near Amboli in the Andheri West suburb around 6.30 a.m. The other car was thrown off the road and overturned.
However, there were some who disagreed with Garg and accused Roy of drunken driving and flouting the rules as he was overspeeding.
“Driving above 100 kms in early morning, that too after Diwali revelry does indicate drunk driving. What kind of responsibility is this,” Sameer Bahadur contended.
“He disappeared before the police came on the scene… he (Roy) made sure that he flushed out the alcohol from his blood before the police could arrest him. So much for his responsible behavior.”
Delhiite Rajendra Chopra agreed.”Such guys should be punished severely. When he can drive a Mercedes, he should pay big compensation to the victims also.”
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- Actor Ronit Roy held after accident, granted bail - Oct 27, 2011
- 777 people fined for drunk driving - Mar 08, 2012
- Ahead of Holi, Delhi Police cracks down on drunk driving - Mar 06, 2012
- Delhi drive: 543 commercial vehicles prosecuted - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi Police gear up to tackle Holi hooliganism - Mar 19, 2011
- Delhi Traffic Police Facebook page has over a lakh followers - Feb 21, 2012
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Delhi Traffic Police chief upset with VIP law breakers - Feb 07, 2011
- 181 more prosecuted for drunk driving - Mar 10, 2012
- Holi claims seven lives on Delhi roads - Mar 09, 2012
- No mixing drinking and driving, revellers warned - Dec 31, 2011
- 86 rogue bikers penalised in Delhi - May 14, 2012
- Delhi cops want higher penalties to end traffic woes - Feb 11, 2012
- Delhi Police warn against drunk driving on New Year's Eve - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: alcohol, amboli, celebrities, chopra, commissioner of police, cop, critical condition, diwali, followers, gesture, mercedes, mumbai, New Delhi, occupants, police traffic, responsible behavior, revelry, ronit roy, traffic police, west suburb