Senior cop of Himachal complains of chest pain on arrestApril 5th, 2009 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 5 (IANS) A senior police officer in Himachal Pradesh, who was arrested here Saturday on charges of cheating, conspiracy and intimidation, is in hospital after he complained of heart problem, the police said Sunday. Doctors said the accused “is fine and likely to be discharged Monday”.
“Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) B.S. Thind, who was admitted to the IGMC (Indira Gandhi Medical College) after complaining of discomfort in the chest following his arrest, is still in the hospital,” Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ramesh Pathania told IANS.
“Thind is likely to be presented in court Monday,” Pathania said.
The Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, who is facing a number of cheating and forgery cases in Himachal Pradesh and Punjab, was arrested on the complaint of Chandigarh-based businessman Ashok Mittal.
Mittal, in a complaint to the police, gave an audio CD to the police having taped evidence of Thind demanding Rs.6 lakh from him for getting his shop vacated by tenants at Parwanoo town in Solan district of Himachal Pradesh.
The case pertains to 2004 when Thind was posted as ADGP (Law and Order).
In June 2008, state Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal directed the police to register a case against Thind.
The state government in January this year suspended Thind after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) framed charges against him in a land transaction case in a Punjab court. At that time he was posted as ADGP (Lokayukta).
The CBI arrested Thind in October 2006 in a land transaction case. He was accused of availing loans from different banks by mortgaging the same property. At that time, he was in judicial custody for 14 days.
One more case is pending against Thind in Punjab. He is accused of grabbing land from an NRI on a fake power of attorney.
Meanwhile, IGMC doctors said Thind is fine and would be discharged Monday.
“All his test reports are normal. He is likely to be discharged tomorrow (Monday),” K.C. Negi, head of the IGMC cardiology department, said.
- Senior Himachal cop released on bail - Apr 07, 2009
- CBI searches houses of suspended senior Himachal cop (Lead) - Nov 24, 2009
- Senior police officer arrested in Himachal Pradesh - Apr 04, 2009
- Arrested cop accuses Himachal chief minister of corruption - Apr 07, 2009
- CBI searches houses of Himachal Pradesh top cop - Nov 24, 2009
- Himachal Pradesh senior police officer suspended - Jan 23, 2009
- Court denies bail to two held in Himachal land racket - Nov 02, 2011
- Two accounts officers held in fraud case - Jun 23, 2011
- Another case against tainted Himanchal Pradesh cop - Jun 19, 2008
- Five youths held for rioting in Himachal - Aug 31, 2011
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Himachal building collapse: Owner, builder held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail - Jul 23, 2012