Security up in Delhi on Christmas eveDecember 24th, 2010 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 24 (IANS) Security was stepped up in Delhi Friday on Christmas eve, police said.”We are keeping a tight vigil in the city. All stringent measures have been taken and security has been stepped up,” Delhi Police Public Relations Officer Rajan Bhagat told IANS.
“Adequate arrangements have been made in all parts of the capital for the Christmas and the New Year celebrations,” he said.
Police teams were deployed in Green Park in south Delhi, Chandni Chowk in central Delhi, and Connaught Place.
While security arrangements were assured to be in place, traffic snarls were reported in various parts of the city.
Heavy congestion was reported from Dhaula Kuan flyover, Chirag Dilli flyover in south Delhi and on the Sarita Vihar flyover.
“We left our home much earlier to reach the church on time. We were already expecting jams at the Dhaula Kuan Flyover at this peak hour and festive time,” said Annabel Srinivasan, a resident of Delhi Cantonment in south Delhi. She was on her way to a central Delhi church.
- Torrential downpour leaves Delhi in traffic snarls, chaos (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Heavy rain cause traffic snarls, water logging in Delhi - Aug 19, 2010
- Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Season's heaviest shower halts Delhi, more rain likely (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls - Sep 15, 2011
- Traffic woes in Delhi continue - Sep 29, 2010
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- Band baaja baarat on Delhi streets Tuesday - Apr 23, 2012
- Commuters fume over traffic curbs for BRICS summit - Mar 28, 2012
- Traffic jams leave Delhi motorists fuming - Jan 16, 2012
- Heavy rains lash Delhi, bring back traffic woes (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Vulnerable areas of Delhi prone to waterlogging (To go with Delhi waterlogging story) - Aug 24, 2010
- Rains lash capital, traffic snarls in several places - Aug 01, 2012
- Dhanteras shoppers choke Delhi roads - Nov 04, 2010
- Scattered rain, traffic jams in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: adequate arrangements, central delhi, chandni chowk, chirag, christmas eve, connaught place, delhi cantonment, delhi church, delhi police, dhaula kuan, dilli, festive time, flyover, new year celebrations, police teams, sarita vihar, security arrangements, south delhi, stringent measures, traffic snarls