Security up at Delhi airport after blasts, flights delayedSeptember 13th, 2008 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi International Airport here was put on a high alert and added security was delaying flights after six blasts shook the national capital Saturday evening, officials said. “We are doing a thorough check on passengers. This is taking time and so flights are getting delayed,” said an airport official.
Many areas in and around the airport have been cordoned off.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), responsible for the security of the airport, deployed additional personnel at sensitive points including the departure terminal, parking lots and the air side area.
A senior CISF official told IANS that the security measures were precautionary in nature and they had no intelligence inputs on the possibility of a terror strike at the airport.
At least nine people were killed and 80 injured in the six explosions in crowded market places in 45 minutes.
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi airport - Apr 06, 2011
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Los Angeles International Airport evacuated because of security threat - Jun 20, 2010
- 15 killed in Pak crowded market suicide bomb attack - Dec 08, 2010
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
- Delhi blast probe: missing car may hold clue - Sep 08, 2011
- London Heathrow airport unveils Olympic terminal - Apr 05, 2012
- Man held over bomb threat to Amsterdam airport (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Mumbai airport on high alert after terror threat - Jul 22, 2011
- Security lapse triggers chaos at Sydney airport - Apr 19, 2011
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
- High alert on borders on eve of Independence Day - Aug 14, 2010
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Glasgow airport evacuated after suspicious package found - Nov 04, 2010