Security tightened at Delhi’s district courtsDecember 13th, 2008 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) Security was tightened at all the five district courts here Saturday following the receipt of a letter purportedly sent by terrorist outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) threatening to blow up the complexes. All litigants, court staff and lawyers were frisked at the entrance of the Tis Hazari, Patiala House, Karkardooma, Rohini and Dwarka court complexes.
Besides Delhi Police personnel, paramilitary personnel were also deployed at the courts.
The letter, received Friday by the receipt and dispatch section of the Tis Hazari court, threatened to blow up the districts courts in the capital Saturday without specifying any of the five complexes.
As a precautionary measure, security personnel frisked even the lawyers, while the court staff was asked to show their identity cards before being allowed to enter.
While the lawyers’ vehicles were allowed the entry inside the premises, the litigants were asked to park their vehicles outside the court complexes.
Security was tightened in court complexes for the second time in a row within a fortnight.
An anonymous call Dec 4 warning that terrorists, in the guise of advocates, had entered the Tis Hazari courts had led to panic, but police later found it was a hoax.
However, three days after, a fresh threat was made that some bombs were planted at Patiala House courts complex. This again turned out to be a hoax.
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Letter threatens to blow up Delhi court complexes - Dec 12, 2008
- Crummy Tis Hazari courthouse to finally get a facelift - Dec 29, 2011
- Delhi lawyers to strike work Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- Security stepped up at Delhi High Court - Sep 08, 2011
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Outlet for Tihar Jail products opens at high court - Apr 16, 2010
- Saket court complex misses more deadliines - Jul 09, 2010
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Officials summoned over child workers in court complexes - Jan 04, 2012
- Mediation settles 60 percent of Delhi court cases - Jun 15, 2012
- No kidding: Child labour rampant around Delhi courts - Oct 08, 2011
- Court issues notice to Delhi government on child labour - Oct 13, 2011