Security situation uncertain, says navy chiefMay 31st, 2011 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, May 31 (IANS) The security situation around the country is “fluid” and “uncertain”, India’s navy chief, Admiral Nirmal Verma, said Tuesday.
“The overall security scenario is uncertain and fluid, with many unconventional challenges adding to the difficulties to the nuclear backdrop,” an official statement quoted the admiral as saying.
The naval chief was addressing the passing out parade of the 120th course of the National Defence Academy at Khadakwasla, near Pune.
The admiral called upon the young officers, on the threshold of joining the defence services, to place service above self while discharging their duties.
A total of 362 cadets, including 21 from foreign countries, passed out of India’s premier tri-services training academy after undergoing a rigorous three-year course.
The ceremonies, witnessed by a large number of invitees and families of the cadets, included a flypast by Sukhoi and smaller training aircraft and colourful parades.
- Bangladesh Army chief to see NDA graduation - Nov 21, 2011
- NDA to get new Super Demona aircraft - Oct 08, 2010
- `China ties don't impact Bangladesh's relation with India' - Nov 29, 2011
- Rear Admiral Shrikhande is IDS assistant chief (With Image) - Aug 23, 2012
- Bangladeshi army chief to review NDA passing-out parade - Nov 21, 2011
- To plug officer shortage, Indian Army to open Bihar academy - Jun 17, 2011
- New NDA commandant takes over - Aug 08, 2012
- NCC readies for Republic Day parade - Jan 05, 2011
- Cadets shake a leg at NDA Ball - Nov 20, 2011
- Norman Browne assumes charge as IAF chief (Lead) - Jul 31, 2011
- Kyrgyzstan minister visits defence college - Sep 08, 2011
- National Defence Academy wary of security threat from illegal shops - Sep 28, 2011
- NDA cadet dies after heart attack - Jan 07, 2012
- Unified commanders' conference starts Friday - Apr 15, 2010
- Court tells National Defence Academy to ease security norms - Sep 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,