Security review for Olympic torch relayMarch 31st, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 31 (IANS) Senior officials in the home ministry held an elaborate meeting Monday to review the security arrangements for the Olympic torch relay. The meet was convened a week after China’s envoy Zhang Yan met Home Minister Shivraj Patil here.
Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta chaired the meeting that was attended among others by Delhi’s Police Commissioner Y.S. Dadhwal, officials of the Delhi government and representatives of the Indian Olympic Association.
Chinese President Hu Jintao officially launched the torch relay amid dancing, acrobatics, waving pompoms and tight security on the Beijing’s Tiananmen Square.
The first stop in the international leg of the 130-day relay is Kazakhstan.
The flame returns to Beijing after travelling around all of China’s provinces and regions August 6, two days before it is used to light the cauldron at the Olympic opening ceremony.
- Olympic cauldron extinguished for move - Jul 30, 2012
- SCO summit convenes in Beijing - Jun 05, 2012
- London 2012 organizers confirm route for Olympic Flame - Mar 19, 2012
- Chinese pianist Lang carries Olympic torch in London - Jul 23, 2012
- Olympic flame moved and later re-lit - Jul 31, 2012
- China to loan $10 bn to SCO nations - Jun 08, 2012
- China to issue $10 bn in loans to SCO members - Jun 07, 2012
- Olympic flame arrives in Britain - May 19, 2012
- Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China for Shanghai summit - Jun 05, 2012
- SCO against interventionism, says Chinese president - Jun 06, 2012
- London launches Paralympic torch relay - Aug 24, 2012
- London 2012 organisers to auction Olympic torches - Jun 21, 2012
- China's artistry of lighting Games torch dazzles - Nov 12, 2010
- First torchbearer for Olympic torch relay announced - May 11, 2012
- Manmohan off to China, Kazakhstan - Apr 11, 2011