Security guard killed in Delhi restaurant, cash missingFebruary 15th, 2009 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) A 26-year-old security guard was Sunday found murdered in the kitchen of a restaurant in the heart of the capital, and Rs.250,000 in cash were missing from the place, the police said.
Rajesh Thakur, a resident of Patna, was found stabbed to death in the kitchen of The Host in the F block of Connaught Place in the morning.
Employees who opened the restaurant in the morning found Thakur’s body lying in a pool of blood and informed the police.
Police officials said there were multiple stab injuries, possibly from a sharp-edged weapon, on Thakur and the body was later sent for a post-mortem examination at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
Thakur was hired from Prime Security Agency in Lajpat Nagar of south Delhi.
According to the police, the restaurant closed around 1 a.m. and Thakur remained inside as he was on night duty.
“The employees said that after closing down the place every night, he usually remained inside the restaurant,” said a police officer.
“Our initial investigations suggest that the killer or killers might have used the back entry of the restaurant. The entry also appears to be friendly and the killers probably knew the workings of the restaurant. An insider’s hand cannot be ruled out as the employees have also reported some cash missing,” the officer added.
The police were questioning employees and security guards in the area for possible clues.
The Host’s manager Pankaj said Thakur was posted at the gates of the restaurant and during the night he remained indoors.
“But we don’t know how he reached the kitchen area of the restaurant. A cash of Rs.250,000 that was collected from sales on Valentine’s Day is also missing,” Pankaj said.
The police said a case of murder and robbery has been registered at the Connaught Place police station and further investigations were underway.
- Gold finance company robbed - Jun 22, 2012
- Journalist couple stabbed to death in Dhaka (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- Teenager sodomises, kills boy in Punjab - Jul 06, 2011
- Rs.10 lakh burglary in Delhi - Mar 05, 2011
- No headway in Delhi teacher murder case (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Cook dies in kitchen brawl - Oct 18, 2010
- Murder of lawyer's mother: Construction workers quizzed - Mar 10, 2011
- China hunts for serial killer - Aug 13, 2012
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Trader found murdered in east Delhi, his Rs.6 lakh missing - Jan 13, 2011
- Three arrested for robbing, killing man - Nov 10, 2011
- ED raids vault company, seizes Rs.9 crore - Jun 21, 2011
- Friends quizzed over Delhi student's murder (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Driver flees with Rs.35 lakh cash in Gurgaon - Dec 21, 2010