Security for CBI official probing Jagan caseApril 2nd, 2012 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 2 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh has provided ‘Y’ category security to CBI Joint Director V.V. Laxminarayana, who is heading investigations into high profile cases, including an illegal assets case against YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy and the Sohrabuddin encounter case, a police source said Monday.
The top official would now be protected by two armed guards round the clock. He would also be provided a bullet proof vehicle.
A total of four security guards were sanctioned for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) joint director. Police security would also be provided at his office and residence.
The decision by the Security Review Committee (SRC) came close on the heels of the chargesheet filed against Jaganmohan Reddy, an MP and son of late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
Though Laxminarayana has not received any threat, the SRC, comprising various intelligence agencies, felt a threat perception to his life as he is conducting investigations into high profile cases.
The CBI team headed by the joint director has already filed chargesheets in illegal mining case involving former Karnataka minister G. Janardhana Reddy in Emaar case.
Sohrabuddin encounter case involving top police officials of Gujarat and Rajasthan was entrusted to Laxminarayana last month.
Laxminarayana, a 1990 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Maharashtra cadre, also has jurisdiction over Karnataka.
- CVC seeks report from CBI on leaks in Jagan case - Jul 07, 2012
- Andhra court asks CBI official to explain calls - Jul 02, 2012
- CBI arrests industrialist Prasad, IRS officer in Jagan case (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- YSRC fears threat to Jagan's life - Jun 21, 2012
- CBI summons Jagan in illegal mining case - Nov 02, 2011
- Andhra CID begins probe into leakage of CBI official's call data - Jun 29, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra home minister in mining scam - Oct 29, 2011
- Jagan case: Reporter, cop booked for revealing mobile call data - Jun 26, 2012
- CBI arrests Jaganmohan Redddy's aide - Jan 03, 2012
- Jagan writes to PM on 'conspiracy' against him - May 23, 2012
- CBI arrests Jagan's relative in Emaar case (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Now CBI focuses on iron ore exports by Janardhana Reddy - Oct 27, 2011
- Court adjourns hearing on ED's plea in Jagan, OMC cases - Jun 07, 2012
- Mining baron Janardhana Reddy arrested, jailed - Sep 05, 2011
- Quiz Naidu in illegal mining case, Jagan tells CBI - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: armed guards, bullet proof, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, chargesheets, chief minister, congress party, indian police service, intelligence agencies, jagan, karnataka minister, party leader, police officials, police security, police source, profile cases, security guards, security review committee, threat perception, ysr