Security beefed up in Ranchi after blast threatSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 22 (IANS) Security has been beefed up in Ranchi after a pamphlet threatening serial blasts was found pasted on a wall of the Jharkhand capital city.
A pamphlet was found near the Albert Ekka roundabout pasted on the wall Wednesday night. According to police sources, “Abdullah Muzzahuddin, Zehadi Group of World” is written on the top of the pamphlet.
The pamphlet reads: “Beware people of Ranchi. Our men have spread across the city. There will be blasts at several places of Ranchi.”
A fake bomb was also found in Chutia locality of Ranchi late Wednesday.
“Security cover has been beefed up in the city. The officers in charge of all police stations have been alerted to step up vigil in the city,” a senior police official told IANS. The police official added, “We are trying to ascertain the truth of the pamphlet.”
Ranchi is on the radar of terror group Indian Mujahideen (IM). Two Ranchi youths - Danish and Faizal Rehman - have been arrested by Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with bomb blast cases. Danish was arrested in May and Faizal was arrested on Sep 17. Another Ranchi youth, Manzar Imam, is wanted by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Gujarat Police in bomb blast cases.
- Mumbai blasts: Gujarat Police on Ranchi resident's trail - Sep 04, 2011
- Two held for blast threat in Ranchi - Sep 25, 2011
- Mumbai blasts: NIA searches home of Ranchi man - Jul 15, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen hideouts raided for leads in Mumbai blasts probe - Jul 15, 2011
- My son no ISI agent: Arrested youth's father - Sep 19, 2011
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- Posters warn women of acid attack for wearing jeans - Aug 07, 2012
- Part of looted money recovered in Ranchi - Dec 31, 2011
- No breakthrough in Delhi terror attack a week later - Sep 13, 2011
- NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blast - Sep 28, 2011
- NIA not allowed to question Ajmer dargah blast suspect - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi blast: Investigators still grappling for clues, toll 13 - Sep 08, 2011
- Kishtwar student a conspirator in Delhi blast, says NIA - Sep 22, 2011
- Congress leader arrested after party-RSS clash in Jharkhand - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: bomb blast, ekka, gujarat police, imam, investigation agency, jharkhand, locality, mujahideen, national investigation, pamphlet, police official, police stations, radar, ranchi, rehman, serial blasts, terror group, uttar pradesh police, vigil, wednesday night