Security beefed up at Hazare’s fast venueAugust 2nd, 2012 - 1:36 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) Security was Wednesday beefed up at the venue of Team Anna’s fast at Jantar Mantar following four low-intensity explosions in Pune.
While a bomb disposal team was stationed near the venue late at night, the number of police personnel stationed there was also increased marginally.
Anna Hazare and some of his close associates are on an indefinite fast in support of their demands for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal Bill and a probe into allegations of corruption against some union ministers.
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Anna breaks one-day token fast - Mar 25, 2012
- Post Pune, police check Anna fast venue - Aug 02, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Tight security planned for Hazare's fast Sunday - Dec 10, 2011
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Team Anna denied permission to hold protest at Jantar Mantar (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Jan Lokpal is thrust of our movement: Anna (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Prominent citizens appeal to Team Anna to call off fast (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Participation low, spirits high at Team Anna fast - Jul 25, 2012
- Team Anna denied permission to protest at Jantar Mantar - Aug 02, 2011
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Youths protest at Team Anna fast, claim to be from NSUI (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Police mum on Hazare request for fast - Aug 01, 2011