Second Test: Bell leads England’s charge (Lunch report)July 31st, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Nottingham, July 31 (IANS) Ian Bell scored a pacy 84, pushing England ahead of India at lunch on the third day of the second cricket Test at Trent Bridge here Sunday.
Bell and Kevin Pietersen (20) added 73 runs after the fall of Andrew Strauss (16) who edged S.Sreesanth behind the stumps.
England, after wiping out the first innings defecit of 67 runs, established a lead of 63 runs.
Resuming at overnight 24 for one, England dominated the first session with Bell leading the charge.
Runs came at fast clip with the Indian bowlers erring in line.
England scored 106 runs in 27 overs, almost at the rate of four per over.
Bell’s 106-ball innings had 15 hits to the fence, most of his runs coming in the mid-wicket region.
Strauss was dismissed in the ninth over of the day when he nicked Sreesanth to Dhoni.
Dhoni even tried out the part-time bowler Yuvraj Singh to break the partnership of Bell and Pietersen, but to no avail.
- India pin England down to 124/8 (Tea report) - Jul 29, 2011
- England take control of second Test (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs England, Day Three, Second Test - Aug 01, 2011
- Bell survives bizarre run out to guide England (Tea report) - Jul 31, 2011
- Strauss and Pietersen steady England innings (Lunch report) - Jul 29, 2011
- Tea scoreboard: India vs England, Second Test, Day three - Jul 31, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs England, Second Test, Day three - Jul 31, 2011
- Bell, Pietersen punish ragged India (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2011
- Pacers put India on top (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2011
- Tea scoreboard: India vs England, Second Test, Day four - Aug 01, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs England, Second Test, Day two - Jul 31, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs England, Second Test, Day four - Aug 01, 2011
- India will go into third Test with No.1 Test ranking at stake - Aug 09, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs England, Second Test, Day one - Jul 30, 2011
- Cook scores ton, England continue to dominate (Tea report) - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: andrew strauss, avail, cricket test, defecit, england, fence, India, indian bowlers, kevin pietersen, lunch report, pacy, part time, partnership, s sreesanth, second test, stumps, third day, trent bridge, wicket, yuvraj singh