Second air disaster in Hyderabad in less than two yearsMarch 3rd, 2010 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 3 (IANS) The crash of a naval aircraft in a densely populated area near Begumpet Airport here Wednesday is the second such disaster in residential localities in less than two years in this city.
Both pilot and co-pilot of HJT-16 Kiran Mk II aircraft were killed when it crashed on to a building during air show as part of India Aviation 2010 here.
Four civilians were also injured in the accident that occurred in Bowenpally area.
On Sep 8, 2008, a flying instructor and a trainee pilot were killed when a small aircraft crashed on to densely populated Sanathnagar.
The Cessna 152 aircraft of the Andhra Pradesh Flying Club had crashed minutes after it took off from Begumpet airport.
The aircraft first hit an electric pole and then a building before crashing on to a street
No one was injured on the ground though a couple of houses were partially damaged when debris fell on the roofs.
Apart from these two incidents, two air force planes have also crashed in the state in the recent past.
On July 31, 2009, an Indian Air Force (IAF) trainer aircraft had crashed in Medak district, killing both the pilots.
A piston-engine HPT-32 aircraft crashed into a farm at Annaram village, about 100 km from here.
The aircraft crashed soon after it took off from the Air Force Academy at Dundigal on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
On Sep 11, 2007, two IAF pilots died when a Kiran aircraft crashed in the Hakimpet area on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
- IAF trainer crashes, both pilots killed - Jul 31, 2009
- HPT-32 trainer aircraft flies into the sunset - Oct 19, 2011
- New simulators for training air force pilots - May 09, 2012
- Crash will not affect Hyderabad air show: Minister (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- 171 officers commissioned into Indian Air Force - Dec 18, 2010
- IAF has lost 19 pilots, Rs.160 mn in trainer aircraft crashes - Dec 07, 2009
- Hyderabad air crash probe begins - Mar 04, 2010
- HPT-32 trainer claimed lives of 23 pilots: IAF chief - Oct 03, 2011
- Pilot, co-pilot dead after Navy jet crashes into a building in southern India - Mar 03, 2010
- Air crash will not affect Hyderabad air show: minister - Mar 03, 2010
- Two pilots die as navy plane crashes during aerobatics (Roundup) - Mar 03, 2010
- Crashes, engine failures ground IAF trainer aircraft - Aug 30, 2009
- IAF to float tenders for new basic trainer aircraft - Oct 01, 2009
- Two killed as naval plane crashes into Hyderabad building (Fifth Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Accident-prone MiG-21 to be flown only by experienced pilots: IAF - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: air disaster, air force academy, air force planes, andhra pradesh, begumpet airport, cessna 152 aircraft, co pilot, flying instructor, hjt, hyderabad, india aviation, indian air force, mk ii, naval aircraft, outskirts, piston engine, sep 11, small aircraft, trainee pilot, trainer aircraft