Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a weekApril 18th, 2012 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, April 18 (IANS) A new-born baby was found abandoned in Dundahera on the Gurgaon-Delhi border Wednesday, the second such case in less than a week, police said.
The four-five days old baby girl was heard crying in a garbage dump in Ram Chowk by some autorickshaw drivers who then informed the police. “She might have been dropped there during the early hours of Wednesday,” said a police officer.
The infant has been admitted to the neo-natal intensive care unit of the Civil Hospital here.
Principal Medical Officer (PMO) Dr. Asruddin told IANS: “The baby seems to be premature. She is under weight (1.2 kg) and has some infection in the lungs. The baby also has some injuries on her body and has been kept in the neo-natal intensive care unit.”
Though the hospital authorities are taking care of the baby, there are chances of respiratory infection, which is most common in new-born cases, said a doctor.
Asruddin said: “For shifting her to a children’s home at Panchkula, we need to complete some paper work. And in this process, various departments are involved.”
This the second such case in a week. Another baby was found abandoned last Thursday under a tree in the Civil Hospital premises. The 45-day-old baby girl is also admitted in the same ward as the one found in Dundahera. Police have failed to find the parents of the baby who abandoned her.
Several childless couples are keen to adopt the one-and-half-month-old baby.
“Many couples are approaching the hospital authorities for adoption but because of stringent rules, the baby cannot be handed over to anyone so easily,” said Asruddin.
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Baby girl abandoned in Gurgaon - Apr 25, 2012
- After infant's death over Rs 200, Punjab makes neo-natal services free - Jul 27, 2012
- Action against Punjab health officials for infant's death - Aug 17, 2012
- Infant stolen from government hospital in Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2010
- 11-month boy stolen from Hyderabad hospital - Oct 26, 2010
- Baby with rare disorder born in Bhopal - Feb 17, 2012
- Born weighing 450 grams, baby girl survives - Jul 26, 2012
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- Rajasthan couple tries to bury new born girl alive - Jul 03, 2012
- Death of 3 babies in Britain linked to superbug - Aug 31, 2010
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- Alert employees save 64 newborns in Assam hospital - Apr 21, 2012
- Baby girl found abandoned by wayside - Sep 04, 2011
- Premature babies survive better in neonatal ICUs - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: abandoned infant, adoption, childless couples, chowk, garbage dump, gurgaon, hospital authorities, hospital premises, intensive care unit, last thursday, lungs, medical officer, month old baby, new born baby, old baby girl, panchkula, parents, police officer, respiratory infection, stringent rules