SEBI team to quiz Satyam’s Raju brothers from Wedensday (Lead)February 3rd, 2009 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Hyderabad, Feb 3 (IANS) The Supreme Court Tuesday allowed the market regulator to interrogate Satyam founder B. Ramalinga Raju and his brother B. Rama Raju over the Rs.70 billion (Rs.7,000 crore) fraud. The two have decided not to challenge the ruling.A bench of Chief Justice K. G. Balakrishna, Justice P. Sathasivam and Justice J.M. Panchal allowed a team of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to go to Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad, where the Raju brothers are lodged, and interrogate them over three days - Feb 4-6.
The SEBI team will be led by general manager Sunil Kumar.
“They (the Raju brothers) will not challenge the decision. They will cooperate with SEBI in investigation,” their lawyer S. Bharat Kumar said in Hyderabad.
He said he will move a fresh application Wednesday for the bail of the Raju brothers and former Satyam chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas before Sixth Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D. Ramakrishna.
The judge had earlier rejected the bail plea of the three and extended their judicial custody till Feb 7.
The Raju brothers were arrested Jan 9, two days after Ramalinga Raju publcly confessed to the country’s biggest corporate financial fraud. Srinivas was arrested two days later.
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Supreme Court cancels bail of Raju, five others (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- CBI plea against Ramalinga Raju's bail to be heard Monday - Aug 29, 2010
- Satyam Ramalinga Raju released on bail - Nov 05, 2011
- Five accused in Satyam scam get bail - Jul 20, 2010
- Apex court allows SEBI team to quiz Satyam's Raju brothers - Feb 03, 2009
- Satyam case: Apex court notice to CBI on Raju's bail plea (Second Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Andhra High Court adjourns hearing on Raju's bail plea - Aug 05, 2010
- Judicial remand of Satyam accused extended till July 8 - Jun 24, 2009
- Satyam Raju's brother fails to get anticipatory bail - Feb 13, 2009
- Five accused in Satyam scam get bail (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- Court reserves orders on SEBI plea - Feb 17, 2009
- SEBI allowed to quiz Satyam's Raju brothers (Second Lead) - Feb 03, 2009