SEBI planning more grievance and arbitration centresDecember 17th, 2011 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 17 (IANS) Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is planning to set up more investor grievance and arbitration centres to address investors’ woes, a top executive said Saturday.
“We are planning to set up more centres. We are in discussion with the exchanges and industry associations. Only after that can it be implemented,” SEBI executive director P.K. Nagpal told reporters on the sidelines of a financial markets’ conclave organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) here.
“We want more centres for the investor so that he may not have to travel long distances to participate in the arbitration mechanism and the investors’ grievance address system. And we want it to be nearer to his city,” Nagpal said.
He said all the modalities regarding that were being worked out.
The SEBI has instituted the process for redressing investor grievances arising from the issue procedure, from investor dealings with brokers and sub-brokers, and against mutual funds. A large number of investor grievances are caused as part of the issue process.
- Rollout of uniform format of KYC norms soon, says SEBI - Dec 17, 2011
- Government assures help to revive mutual fund business - Jul 02, 2012
- CII Kerala to play proactive role in state's growth - May 04, 2012
- Integrity a must in the stock market, says regulator - Nov 29, 2009
- CII lauds capital markets reforms - Aug 31, 2011
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
- BSE SME exchange may come up by March-end - Feb 10, 2012
- Firms non-compliant with SEBI norms to face action - May 07, 2012
- Government unveils bill for time-bound public services - Nov 02, 2011
- Need clarification on Foreign Currency Regulation Act: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- SEBI alerts investors about risky market - Jan 14, 2011
- Increase incentives to mutual fund distributors: SEBI - Jun 22, 2011
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
- Relax investment norms for private equity funds: CII - Aug 21, 2011
- Developers' lobby introduces code of conduct - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: address system, arbitration, conclave, confederation of indian industry, exchange board, financial markets, industry associations, investor grievance, investor grievances, kolkata, long distances, market regulator, modalities, nagpal, sebi, securities and exchange, securities and exchange board of india, sidelines, top executive, woes