Searching for a mobile phone, two die in OrissaJanuary 31st, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 31 (IANS) Two people died while they were trying to recover a cell phone from a well in Orissa’s Kandhamal district, police said Saturday.The incident took place in Suryakoti village of Kandhamal district, nearly 250 km from here, Friday but came to light Saturday, a police officer said.
He said the mobile phone of a villager Digambar Digal accidentally fell into the well Thursday.
“Three labourers, hired by Digal, entered the well Friday and searched for the phone. They failed to come out of the well and bodies of two were found by the villagers Saturday after draining the water from the well using a pump,” he added.
He said one person was rescued. The dead were identified as Sridhara Bagarti 36, Petera Pradhan, 40.
- BJP lawmaker gets seven-year jail for Kandhamal murder - Jun 29, 2010
- BJP lawmaker gets seven-year jail for Kandhamal murder (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- Kandhamal riots case: Man gets three-year jail term - Sep 29, 2010
- 18 acquitted in Kandhamal riot cases - Jan 29, 2011
- Kandhamal people fear Maoist attack - Nov 29, 2010
- Kandhamal riots case: 15 get three-year jail term - Sep 30, 2010
- Police destroy Maoist camp, one rebel held - Jan 29, 2011
- Two convicted, three acquitted in Kandhamal riot case - Apr 20, 2010
- One held guilty in Kandhamal riot case - Nov 30, 2009
- Nine get jail, one acquitted in Kandhamal riots case - Mar 16, 2010
- Five get lifer in Kandhamal violence (Lead, Correcting third para) - Sep 23, 2009
- Maoists kill Special Police Officer - Feb 11, 2011
- BJD leader held for blast in Odisha - Jan 09, 2012
- BJP lawmaker gets jail for murder in Kandhamal riots - Sep 09, 2010
- 15 get three-year jail in Kandhamal riots case - Sep 30, 2010