Searches reveal forest ranger’s assets worth millionsMarch 27th, 2009 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, March 27 (IANS) The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) carried out simultaneous raids Friday at the office and residences of a forest ranger in Chhattisgarh and found assets worth over Rs.2.5 crore (Rs.25 million), officials said.
Six squads of the EOW began searches at the offices, residences and farm houses of a district forest ranger, R.L. Jagane, Friday morning in Raipur and Dhamteri districts. The raids continued till late Friday evening.
Official sources said that raids led by the EOW’s Inspector General Y.K.S Thakur found cash and properties estimated to be over Rs.2.5 crore (Rs.25 million). The Ranger is posted at Dhamteri district.
- Chhattisgarh junior official's illegal assets - Rs.50 mn! - Feb 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh bureaucrat denies having Rs.250 crore in assets - May 28, 2011
- Official booked for Rs.40 million in illegal assets - Dec 30, 2010
- A forest ranger owns property worth over Rs.4 crore! - Sep 08, 2010
- Chhattisgarh engineer owns assets over Rs.60 mn - Sep 22, 2011
- Junior engineer raided for unaccounted money - Aug 05, 2010
- Case against IAS officer having Rs.930 mn-worth property - Feb 21, 2010
- Chhattisgarh in no hurry to punish corrupt IAS officer - May 29, 2011
- Case against IAS officer having Rs.93 crore property (Lead) - Feb 21, 2010
- Chhattisgarh inspector owns assets worth Rs.5 crore - Oct 09, 2009
- Madhya Pradesh official's houses raided - Jan 25, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh clerk's assets Rs 30 crores! - Dec 18, 2011
- IT raids continue for second day, foreign currency found - Feb 05, 2010
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh to confiscate five officials' properties - Apr 04, 2012