Scuffle, firing at hospital after patient denied helpAugust 18th, 2008 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) Attendants accompanying an injured man allegedly fired shots in the air inside a private hospital in Shalimar Bagh in north-west Delhi Sunday night following a scuffle with the hospital authorities, the police said Monday. The hospital staff alleged they were beaten up by the police for registering a complaint against the assaulting people.
The incident took place at Indian Hospital when four people in an Innova car approached the hospital with an injured man. The injured was immediately rushed to the emergency ward.
The driver of the vehicle, Dinesh, told the police that they saw the injured man lying near a black Pulsar motorcycle in a pool of blood on the road. They rushed him to the hospital, but the hospital authorities demanded money before starting treatment.
One of the men took out his gun and fired in the air.
The hospital staff informed the police and asked them to rush to the spot.
According to the hospital staff, around 9.30 p.m. four unidentified men arrived in the casualty ward of the hospital with an injured man and asked the doctors to treat him. When the staff asked the injured man’s identity in order to complete the paper work, the men reportedly refused to divulge his identity.
Later, one of the attendants took out his gun and fired shots in the air, and then broke the glass door of the hospital, an official of the Indian Hospital said.
“When the police came, rather than helping us they said that nothing had happened and the hospital staff has created a mockery. Then two officers started beating the employees of the hospital. Three employees have been admitted to the hospital,” added a hospital staff.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, North-West, N.S. Bundela said the police are investigating the matter. The injured man was later shifted to Safdarjung hospital.
- Four murders in Delhi in 12 hours (Lead) - Sep 18, 2009
- Three murdered in Delhi in 13 hours (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2009
- Four murders in Delhi over a few hours - Sep 18, 2009
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Dacoits kill five of family in UP - Aug 10, 2012
- Assailants shoot at businessman's driver, flee with Rs.600,000 - Nov 09, 2009
- Four dead in building collapse - Jul 17, 2011
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Building collapse toll is five, 16 critical (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2011
- Bikers shoot bank employee, loot Rs.950,000 - Jul 27, 2009
- Five die as terrorists hunt for comrade at Lahore hospital (Lead) - Jun 01, 2010
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- At least five dead, 25 injured in northwest England mass shootings - Jun 02, 2010
- Chardon High School shooting case injures four - Feb 27, 2012