Scottish varsity opens maiden campus in IndiaNovember 10th, 2011 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 9 (IANS) In a move aimed to boost India-Scotland relations in the field of education, Scotland’s Education Minister Michael Russell inaugurated the first campus of a Scottish university in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi Wednesday.
“The Scottish university campus in India will help cement our hard won reputation and it will strengthen the links between Scottish and Indian higher education institutions,” Russell said.
He also said there is a growing demand for high quality higher education in India.
The SKIL, a infrastructure development company, which recently forayed into the education sector has joined hands with University of Strathclyde, Business school in Scotland and they have opened the first campus in India.
“The joint initiative will initially deliver a undergraduate course Bachelor in Business Studies (BBS) and a postgraduate course Masters in Management (MIM) and the Master Business Administration (MBA) course will be started in 2013,” SKIL infrastructure said in a statement.
The statement also informed that the campus is the early stages of development and the courses are being tailored for India’s flourishing business sector and combine the expertise of academics from India and the United Kingdom.
- Sikkim Manipal University in pact with Scottish varsity - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Foreign varsities can make Indian education job-oriented' - Nov 17, 2011
- EThames Graduate School launches India campus - Feb 08, 2011
- Jamia announces results - Jun 29, 2010
- India, Scotland sign MoUs for cooperation in education - Oct 12, 2010
- Yale names IIM, Ahmedabad almunus to top post (With images) - Jun 18, 2012
- Shiksha.com launches free MBA application form - Jan 12, 2012
- Scotland seeks better collaboration with India in higher education - Oct 12, 2009
- Schulich business school to set up campus in Hyderabad - Jul 11, 2011
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- Indian, Scottish business groups tie-up to boost trade - Oct 12, 2010
- First Sino-US joint university to start - Mar 29, 2012
- India's foreign trade institute to set up shop in Uganda - Sep 18, 2011
- India grants scholarships to Sri Lankan students - Jan 19, 2012
- Google better at advising teachers than Scotland's curriculum body - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: business administration mba, course bachelor, course masters, education in india, education institutions, education minister, education scotland, education sector, higher education in india, indian higher education, infrastructure development, master business administration, mba course, michael russell, noida, postgraduate course, quality higher education, s education, scottish university, skil