Scorching Saturday in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead)June 30th, 2012 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) Delhi residents experienced a scorching hot Saturday, with both the maximum and minimum temperature shooting up sharply. No respite from the heat is likely Sunday.
The maximum temperature Saturday was 6 degrees above normal at 42.4 degrees Celsius, while the minimum also shot four degrees above normal to reach 31.5 degrees Celsius.
The day’s maximum and minimum humidity readings were 47 and 21 percent respectively and trace rainfall was recorded early until 8.30 a.m.
The met department forecast some cloudy skies Sunday.
“Sunday should have mainly clear skies with a possibility of clouds later in the day. The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to be 43 and 32 degrees Celsius respectively,” an official at the India Meteorological Department told IANS.
Friday had seen a maximum temperature of 42 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperature was 31.6 degrees Celsius.
- Scorching day in store for Delhi - Jun 30, 2012
- Searing day, no rains for Delhi - Jul 01, 2012
- Week starts on scorching note for Delhi (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Clear morning in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 04, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 25, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Hot Friday for Delhi - Jun 29, 2012
- Scorching Sunday in Delhi, squalls likely (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Sunny morning in capital, rain likely - Jun 23, 2012
- Sweltering morning for Delhi, rain likely - Jun 24, 2012
- Another scorching weekend for Delhi (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- Warm, cloudy Sunday for Delhi - Apr 01, 2012
- Sweltering Saturday for Delhi, Sunday to be same (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: clear skies, clouds, cloudy skies, delhi residents, four degrees, humidity, india meteorological department, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, rainfall, respite from