Scientists prepare to test submarine-launched missile from landNovember 11th, 2008 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Balasore (Orissa), Nov 11 (IANS) Scientists have stepped up preparations for the first test-firing from land of the submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) K-15 from a defence base in Orissa, officials said Tuesday.Preparations are nearing the final stage of enabling a launch that may take place Wednesday from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in the district of Balasore, about 230 km from capital Bhubaneswar, defence officials said.
The two-stage missile, which can carry a payload up to one tonne, has a highest range of 700 km. It had earlier undergone four tests from the underwater platform.
The K-15 missile has a length of around 11 meters, larger than the 8.5-metre-long Prithvi short-range ballistic missile but smaller than 15-metre-long Agni-1 Ballistic missile.
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi II missile - Jun 09, 2011
- Agni-I missile test-fired off Orissa coast - Nov 25, 2010
- Prithvi-II missile fails to take off - Sep 24, 2010
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- India successfully test-fires n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- 3,000 people evacuated ahead of missile test in Orissa - Nov 12, 2008
- India test fires submarine-launched missile from land (Lead) - Nov 12, 2008
- Prithvi-II test-fired successfully in Orissa - Jun 18, 2010
- Prithvi-II ballistic missile successfully test-fired - Dec 22, 2010
- India test-fires medium range Akash missile - May 24, 2012
- India successfully tests n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India test-fires submarine missile from land (Second Lead) - Nov 12, 2008
- India successfully test-fires interceptor missile in Orissa - Jul 26, 2010