Science graduate guard held for Shoppers Stop theft in DelhiJune 14th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) A 22-year-old science graduate, a security guard with Shoppers Stop, has been arrested for stealing 40 mobile phones, ladies purses and garments from the lifestyle shopping mall in a south Delhi showroom, police said Sunday.
Govind Kumar Karn, from Samastipur in Bihar, was arrested Thursday for breaking open a glass door of the showroom and stealing the valuables worth several lakh rupees June 1.
Karn, a science graduate from Darbhanga University, again opened the locks of the showroom June 5 and stole 19 costly mobile phones. He worked with Tiger Securities in Delhi.
Police said they have managed to recover at least 20 phones from him.
“Karn along with his friends Gautam Kumar Kanth, Sanjeev and Sandeep committed the theft at the showroom June 1. Karn, who was on night duty, again June 5 committed theft of 19 mobile phones from the (store) and concealed them in the security control room,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (south Delhi) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
“He opened the glass door this time to divert the investigation. He himself called his superiors when the alarm bell rang. Later, he took the mobiles to his house at different times by hiding them in his cloths. We are on a lookout for the other three accused and recovery of mobile phones of the first incident,” he said.
- Man arrested for thefts at marriage functions - Dec 07, 2010
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- IIT-aspirant arrested for Delhi teacher's killing - Dec 21, 2010
- Airport loader held for theft gets chance to reform - Apr 11, 2011
- Fake doctor arrested for stealing mobile phones - Aug 12, 2012
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
- Vehicle thieves arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Thirst for lavish life turned two teens to crime - Jan 10, 2011
- Four vehicle thieves arrested - Mar 18, 2011
- Girl shot dead outside Delhi college, stalker suspected (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Gang involved in stealing over 50 cars busted - Nov 25, 2010
- Mobile phone snatcher arrested - Mar 13, 2011
- Theft at Rita Ganguly's house in Delhi - Sep 30, 2011
- Tailor held for bid to extort Rs.67 lakh from employer - Dec 30, 2010
- Man carrying illegal arms held - Mar 22, 2011