Schoolteacher suspended for hitting pregnant colleagueJuly 31st, 2008 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 31 (IANS) Short temper cost a teacher in Chandigarh dearly as he was suspended Thursday for allegedly hitting a pregnant colleague after a verbal spat. “Yogesh, a JBT (junior basic training) teacher, at the Government Model High School in Kaimbwala village, on the periphery of Chandigarh, has been suspended on the complaint of his fellow teacher,” said an official of the education department.
According to the complaint, Yogesh lost his temper and slapped his colleague Monica, a nursery teacher, after a verbal brawl Wednesday.
But Yogesh maintains his innocence and in a written complaint has said that he just asked for the official register and it was Monica who hit him.
The case was referred to Kushwinder Sharma, the district education officer. She took written complaints from both of them and forwarded a report to the director of public instructions (DPI).
“Yogesh has a bad record and earlier also he was involved in similar incidents. He has been suspended for the time being and the department will hold a thorough inquiry into the matter,” S.K. Setia, DPI (education), told IANS Thursday.
According to official sources, both the teachers have been reprimanded for indiscipline earlier too. Both were said to have been transferred to their present posts as “punishment posting”, an official parlance for disciplinary action.
Yogesh was involved in a group scuffle and Monica was transferred after she was found guilty in a case of giving corporal punishment to students.
- Haryana to re-employ teachers for academic session - May 01, 2011
- Rajasthan warns teachers on smoking, tobacco consumption - Sep 06, 2012
- Teacher recruitment scam hits Chandigarh again - Feb 24, 2010
- Principal suspended for punishing girls - Mar 01, 2012
- Rajasthan to launch helpline for school kids - Apr 08, 2011
- Chandigarh officials under scanner in recruitment scam - Sep 07, 2009
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Nearly 12,000 Right to Education violations in Delhi - Mar 27, 2011
- Teacher suspended for making students slap each other - Dec 19, 2011
- Haryana teachers to undergo test for awards - Jan 20, 2011
- Punjab asks schools to ban leather shoes - Jul 01, 2011
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Punjab slapgate gets wider; protestors caned before Badal - Dec 07, 2011
- Three students caned over 300 times for not doing homework - May 20, 2011