Schoolchildren’s death: Himachal to conduct surveysFebruary 8th, 2011 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 8 (IANS) A day after four students were buried alive after a boundary wall of their school collapsed in Himachal Pradesh’s Una district, Education Minister I.D. Dhiman Tuesday ordered a survey of all schools in the state to check unsafe buildings.”Dhiman directed the education department to conduct a survey of the school buildings to avert any mishap in future in educational institutions,” an official told IANS here.
He said the step was taken to ensure the safety of students in the schools.
Four schoolchildren were killed and one was critically injured when the boundary wall of the Government Primary School at Chhatarpur Dhada, some 15 km from Una, collapsed Monday.
The accident took place when the students, belonging to economically weaker sections, were playing during the recess. They belonged to the age group of seven to 11.
Dhiman directed the department to dismantle all school buildings or boundary walls that were unsafe. He said necessary funds would be provided to construct new buildings.
Himachal Pradesh has over 15,000 primary and higher secondary government schools with a strength of around 10 lakh students.
- 4 children buried alive as school wall collapses (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- 4 children buried alive as school wall crashes - Feb 07, 2011
- Student dies as school wall collapses - Dec 21, 2010
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- Garden of Shimla's heritage hotel caves in - Jun 19, 2012
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Chhattisgarh asks schools to honour RTE Act - Feb 15, 2012
- Landslip threat forces Shimla's heritage hotel to close - Jul 16, 2012
- Himachal to install water filters in 3,000 schools - Aug 12, 2011
- Odisha reviews safety of anganwadi buildings - Jul 11, 2012
- 13 injured in school room wall collapse - Sep 14, 2011
- Primary schools not child-friendly: Survey - Oct 28, 2011
- Over a lakh children in Delhi still out of school - Apr 01, 2011
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad, many colonies submerged (Second Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 4.9 quake shakes Delhi, suburbs (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012