School wall collapses in Uttar Pradesh, 30 students injuredJanuary 26th, 2009 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 26 (IANS) Thirty students were injured, four of them critically, when a wall collapsed in a school in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh Monday, the police said.”The incident took place at around 3 p.m. in a private school - Adarsh Nagar Bal Niketan - in Heerapur area in Bulandshahr while the Republic Day functions were underway there,” police inspector Babu Ram told IANS on telephone.
The injured are undergoing treatment at the district hospital in Bulandshahr, some 400 km from Lucknow, he added.
According to police, preliminary investigations reveal the terrace parapet was dilapidated, but the school authorities did not pay any attention to it, leading to the accident.
A case would be registered against the manager and the principal of the school, they said.
- 6 children hurt in UP school roof collapse - May 01, 2012
- Student dies as school wall collapses - Dec 21, 2010
- Six killed in wall collapse - Jan 04, 2011
- Wall collapse in Dhanbad kills eight children, woman - Aug 25, 2010
- Three students die in bus accident (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Two students die in bus accident - Dec 20, 2010
- Five of family die in wall collapse - Sep 16, 2010
- Principal arrested for molesting girl students - Nov 04, 2011
- 12 injured as tree falls on moving train - Jul 12, 2011
- 13 injured in school room wall collapse - Sep 14, 2011
- Woman engaged in trafficking held in Ghaziabad - Dec 31, 2010
- Three girls die in Uttar Pradesh school wall collapse - Dec 11, 2010
- Clashes in Uttar Pradesh over principal's death - Oct 22, 2011
- Four-year-old student mauled by stray dog - Jan 26, 2012
- Six-year-old girl dies as school gate collapses - Dec 03, 2010