School van catches fire, 11 injured in Uttar PradeshSeptember 4th, 2010 - 2:02 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 4 (IANS) At least 11 schoolchildren received burn injuries when their van caught fire in Uttar Pradesh’s Azamgarh district Saturday, officials said.
All the students, who are in the age group of 8-13 years, are being treated in the Azamgarh district hospital. Doctors said the condition of three is critical.
According to police, the accident took place in the Bilariyaganj area, where the van of the Ma Yashoda Inter College caught fire.
“Preliminary investigations reveal that the van caught fire due to leakage in the LPG kit fitted in the vehicle,” acting District Magistrate Chhotelal told IANS over telephone from Azamgarh, some 350 km from Lucknow.
- 11 hurt as school van catches fire in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Woman killed, two injured as car catches fire - Oct 18, 2011
- Six prisoners injured in fire - Nov 11, 2011
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- Three bus passengers burnt alive in Rajasthan - Jul 17, 2012
- Police post torched during protest - Nov 02, 2011
- 14 die as van catches fire in UP - Jul 11, 2012
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- UP accident kills four - Jun 05, 2012
- GAIL official killed, three injured in plant fire - Sep 11, 2010
- Six family members die in Kanpur cylinder blast - Dec 19, 2010
- Tanker accident jams highway - Jun 28, 2011
- 11 electrocuted in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 31, 2010
- Hyundai launches LPG variant of hatchback i10 - Nov 22, 2011
- Three die in freak accident - Feb 22, 2012