School to equip students with iPadsMarch 27th, 2012 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 27 (IANS) A top-tier high school in China is considering equipping its seniors with iPads, the first in China to do so, China Daily reported Tuesday.
Starting in September, Nanjing’s Jinling High School will provide the popular Apple tablets to seniors involved in a project between the school and the University of California.
Under the project, those students will take Advancement Placement classes and parts of UCLA’s classes in addition to their own academic studies.
If the pilot project goes well, the school will extend the iPad plan to all grades.
Apple sold 4.7 million iPads in China last year.
- Apple plans new-generation iPad event - Feb 29, 2012
- New iPad tops tablet ratings - Apr 03, 2012
- New iPad sales top 3 mn: Apple - Mar 20, 2012
- iPads could replace books in China school - Apr 03, 2012
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- Chinese retailers stop Apple iPad sales - Feb 18, 2012
- Apple's new iPad faces ban in China - Mar 08, 2012
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy phones, tablets - Apr 19, 2011
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- News Corp launches iPad only newspaper - Feb 03, 2011
- Samsung did not copy 'cool' Apple iPad: Court - Jul 10, 2012