School teachers for disabled: Court questions selection boardJuly 11th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday issued notices to the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) over an alleged delay in posting two special teachers for disabled students in each government school in the city.
The directions for appointing special teachers were given to the Delhi government and the civic agencies in 2009.
Justice Indermeet Kaur issued notice to the DSSSB and the UPSC seeking their response by Oct 10.
The notices were issued after the court took note of the response of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) that a draft proposal for the recruitment of special teachers was sent to the UPSC but till date it had not approved it.
The court also asked the state government and the civic agencies to submit their status reports within four weeks.
The court’s order came on a rejoinder filed by NGO Social Jurist to the response of the Delhi government and the MCD.
“The court’s directions have yet not been complied with by both the Delhi government and MCD,” said the NGO.
The petitioner said that the court in 2009 directed the Delhi government, the MCD and the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) to ensure that each of their schools had at least two special teachers and teaching aids for students with disability.
- Rules for hiring teachers for disabled approved, court told - Oct 10, 2011
- No special teachers for disabled kids in Delhi - Jun 06, 2011
- Court questions Delhi government on education of disabled - Jul 10, 2011
- Contempt notice issued to Delhi chief secretary, MCD chief - Sep 20, 2010
- Court notice on pre-primary classes in state-run schools - Sep 06, 2012
- Hygiene in Delhi: Court notice to civic agencies (Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Schools seek government aid for educating disabled - Jan 30, 2012
- Set up committee to prevent waterlogging, says high court - Aug 28, 2012
- Rehabilitate students of demolished school: Court (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi government, MCD over poor conditions in schools - Sep 19, 2012
- MCD deflects blame on ghost employees fiasco - Jun 02, 2011
- Court asks Delhi authorities to file ATR on water logging - Aug 01, 2012
- Replace tent classrooms with portable cabins: Court (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Why give kids money, not uniforms, rights panel asks MCD - Oct 15, 2011
- Notice to Delhi over delayed admission of 1,400 students - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: civic agencies, delhi government, delhi high court, delhi subordinate services, delhi subordinate services selection board, disabled students, draft proposal, dsssb, government school, jurist, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, ngo, petitioner, public service commission, rejoinder, school teachers, teaching aids, union public service commission, upsc