School principals, teachers arrested for exam irregularitiesJune 9th, 2008 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 9 (IANS) The Bihar Vigilance Department arrested eight school principals and six teachers Monday on charges of irregularities and corruption in conducting examinations of the Bihar State Sanskrit Shiksha Board last year. “All the arrested school principals, mostly from Patna, and teachers were produced in court and sent to jail under judicial custody,” official sources said.
According to the sources, a case has been lodged under section 420 of IPC against the arrested principals and teachers.
The vigilance officials found large-scale irregularities in the conduct of examinations of the sanskrit shiksha board, the sources said.
- Bihar opens school in tainted officer's seized house - Sep 08, 2011
- Bihar to speed up prosecution of corrupt officials - Jan 24, 2011
- Another corrupt Bihar official's home to house school - Dec 04, 2011
- Tainted IAS officer likely to be held - Jul 01, 2011
- After house, corrupt Bihar official's land seized - Nov 21, 2011
- Minor allegedly raped by her tutor - Sep 10, 2012
- 462 corrupt officials arrested in Bihar - Aug 10, 2011
- Another corrupt official's house confiscated in Bihar - Nov 19, 2011
- CWG case: Bhanot, Verma's judicial custody extended - May 05, 2011
- Fight against graft, get rewarded in Bihar - Aug 23, 2011
- Court orders confiscation of former DGP's assets - Feb 01, 2012
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to judicial custody till Mar. 29 - Mar 15, 2011
- CBI charge sheets Reddy in illegal mining case - Dec 03, 2011
- Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death - Jun 16, 2012
- To track ill-gotten assets, Bihar ready to cross borders - Feb 16, 2012