School principal held for raping student in Hyderabad (Lead)July 22nd, 2010 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 22 (IANS) The principal of an international school here has been arrested on charges of raping a Class 11 student from Mumbai, police said Thursday. The victim had become pregnant.
A case of rape and criminal intimidation has been booked against Salahuddin Ayub, principal of Parkwood International School at Manneguda near Vikarabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central Crime Station (CCS), J. Satyanarayana, investigations into the complaint were on.
The CCS sleuths were questioning the principal and collecting scientific evidence to build the case against him, the officer said.
The parents of the girl from Mumbai alleged that she was repeatedly raped by the principal during the last one year.
The principal had allegedly threatened the girl with dire consequences if she said anything to anyone. The girl’s family complained after she reportedly became pregnant.
Investigating officials visited the school and the principal’s house and other places where the girl was sexually exploited.
Angry parents of some students staged a protest outside the school demanding stern action against the principal. Police and private security personnel had a tough time in controlling the crowd, which barged into the premises and damaged window panes.
Women’s organisations have also demanded punishment to the guilty.
However, the school authorities have denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
Meanwhile, the education department has also ordered a probe against the principal.
Minister for Secondary education D. Manikya Varaprasad told reporters that if necessary he would write to the Central Board of Secondary Education to derecognise the school.
The minister said the government would take steps to control such schools. “Such schools are there only to mint money and they have no concern for the welfare of children,” he said.
- School principal held for raping student in Hyderabad - Jul 22, 2010
- Rape accused school director sent to jail - Jul 23, 2010
- Andhra Pradesh student alleges sexual assault by school principal - Jul 24, 2010
- Principal suspended for punishing girls - Mar 01, 2012
- Minor school girl raped in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Hyderabad police book PVR Mall owners - Feb 29, 2012
- Andhra ministers dare IAS officers to name corrupt - Feb 05, 2012
- Principal suspended for molesting girl students - Mar 05, 2011
- Some Telangana employees end strike, railways to run trains (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- Haryana librarian suspended for indecent behaviour - Sep 08, 2011
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Police inspector jailed for raping minor - Oct 14, 2010
- Nursery kid thrashed by principal, sustains fracture - Mar 25, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi speaks to Rosaiah over Hyderabad situation - Mar 29, 2010