School kids beat filmmakers to make movie on Mumbai 26/11February 9th, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) Filmmakers made a beeline to register titles to make movies on the Mumbai terror attacks last year, but a group of 20 school children has already shot a film titled “MH (Muslim, Hindu) 26/11 - Mumbai Under Attack!”. It will be premiered here Tuesday.
Made by children aged between 11-14, the film highlights how the images of the attacks shown by media affected the children’s mind.
The project has been funded and supported by the Ryan Foundation under the aegis of Ryan International Group of Institutions, said a press release.
Grace Pinto, managing director of Ryan foundation, conceptualised the docu-drama after school children started approaching their teachers to ask why the terrorists were killing innocent people.
Such questions raised Pinto’s concerns about how the images of the terror attack were affecting the minds of the children, so they decided to make a film under their project Children Against Violence.
The 20 school children underwent a short filmmaking course carried by Utkarsh Marwah, the project director for the Ryan Foundation for 20 days. Besides directing the film, they even wrote the script, auditioned actors and edited it.
- With its blood, terror, valour, 26/11 spawned books, movies (One Year after 26/11) - Nov 23, 2009
- Cricket is not a man's game: Rani Mukherjee - Aug 06, 2010
- 'Khuda Kay Liye', 'Fahrenheit 9/11' best cinematic works on WTC attack - Sep 09, 2011
- Indian themes showcased at Vienna film fest - Oct 26, 2010
- Akbar Khan to play Saddam Hussein, says it's challenging (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Indian's fight against child marriage in focus at Abu Dhabi fest - Oct 20, 2010
- Global children performing arts fest begins in Delhi - Dec 08, 2011
- At 12, he is newspaper editor, reporter and publisher (with Image) - Jan 02, 2011
- 700 young 'diplomats' pay homage to 26/11 victims (Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
- Children's film fest on green cause opens in Bangalore - Jun 23, 2010
- Nila Madhab Panda supports 'green' films for kids - Jun 21, 2012
- Docu-drama on Guru Gobind Singh is bridge between religions: Director - Aug 22, 2011
- New children's films are fun for adults as well - Jul 25, 2011
- India's Mughal era artistic legacy on display in US - Jul 26, 2012
- Spanish documentary wins Golden Lamp at IFFI - Nov 30, 2010