Schalke signs goalkeeper Timo HildebrandOctober 22nd, 2011 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Oct 22 (IANS) Bundesliga football club Schalke has signed goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand until the end of the season.
The 32-year-old former German international goalkeeper was out of contract and joined Schalke to step in for Ralf Faehrmann, who heavily injured his left knee in his last Bundesliga game.
“He has a lot of experience, the best goalkeeper age and he has an advantage, he kept himself fit at another club,” Schalke sports director Horst Heldt was quoted as saying by Xinhua Friday.
Hildebrand returns to Bundesliga after he played for Stuttgart (1999-2007) and Hoffenheim (2009-2010).
“I am full of energy and am looking forward to this great task,” Hildebrand said.
- Goalkeeper Hildebrand extends contract with Schalke - May 09, 2012
- Heldt extends contract with German side Schalke - Sep 09, 2012
- Schalke offers Raul new contract - Mar 02, 2012
- Uchida extends stay at Schalke till 2015 - Aug 17, 2012
- Farfan extends contract with German side Schalke 04 - Apr 29, 2012
- Schalke sign Swiss midfielder Barnetta - Jul 04, 2012
- German Bundesliga kicks off August 27 - Jun 27, 2012
- German side Stuttgart signs midfielder Tunay Torun - Jun 07, 2012
- Dutchman Stevens to coach Bundesliga club Schalke - Sep 28, 2011
- Stuttgart signs Hoffenheim striker Ibisevic - Jan 26, 2012
- Stuttgart beat Hoffenheim - Mar 17, 2012
- Raul rejects contract extension - Apr 20, 2012
- Bayern stage faultless performance to stay on top - Sep 25, 2011
- Bayern Munich signs striker Pizarro - May 27, 2012
- Hoffenheim ends manager Tanner's contract - Mar 23, 2012