Scattered rain, traffic jams in Delhi (Lead)September 9th, 2011 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 8 (IANS) Delhi Thursday received scattered showers hitting vehicular movement in some parts. The weather office has forecast more rain Friday.
The maximum temperature Thursday 34.2 degree Celsius, a notch below the average, and 26.1 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average, said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Traces of rainfall were recorded till 9 p.m. in Dwarka and parts of west Delhi.
The humidity was recorded at its high at 95 percent.
“The sky will remain cloudy Friday with possibility of rains and thundershowers,” said IMD official, adding that the maximum and minimum temperatures will hover around 33 and 26 degrees Celsius, respectively.
Vehicular movement was obstructed on the Ring Road towards IP Flyover and near Shakarpur area, a traffic helpline assistant said.
Traffic snarls were also reported fom Dhaula Kuan, Maharani Bagh, Saket, Dwarka and Lado Sarai.
- Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Rains in Delhi bring down mercury, cause traffic snarls (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Rainy Saturday for Delhi, more showers likely (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Rains lash capital, traffic snarls in several places - Aug 01, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi, more ahead Wednesday (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Mercury slips after heavy rains, more rains expected (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls - Sep 15, 2011
- Rains lash capital, more showers expected (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Rains lash Delhi, traffic snarls follow (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Rains lash Delhi, add to commuter woes - Jul 08, 2011
- Wet morning, more rains in store for Delhi - Sep 20, 2010
- Season's heaviest shower halts Delhi, more rain likely (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Season's heaviest rain halts Delhi - Aug 21, 2012
- Rains bring down mercury in Delhi, more likely (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, rains expected Thursday (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: degree celsius, dhaula kuan, dwarka, flyover, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maharani bagh, maximum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, notch, rainfall, saket, showers, thundershowers, traffic jams, traffic snarls, weather office, west delhi