Scarlett’s mother to depose in Goa court July 30July 26th, 2010 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 26 (IANS) Fiona Mackeown, the mother of slain 15-year-old British teenager Scarlett Keeling, will depose before the Goa Children’s Court (GCC) July 30, her lawyer said Monday.
“Fiona will arrive in India to assist the court in prosecution. She will give all the information she has,” her lawyer Vikram Varma said.
Fiona had earlier been summoned to depose in Goa in April, but could not make it due to the volcanic ash phenomenon disrupting air traffic in Europe.
The GCC, a designated court to try crimes against children in Goa, had already issued summons to Fiona in connection with the trial of her daughter Scarlett, who was sexually assaulted and left to die at Anjuna beach in February 2008.
Two beach shack workers - Samson D’Souza and Placido Carvalho - have been booked in connection with the case, which was handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), after Fiona alleged that Goa Police were sabotaging the probe.
- Fiona unable to come for Scarlett's April 16 hearing - Apr 15, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- 'Night before death Scarlett was singing, talking about stars' - Jul 29, 2010
- Fiona likely to depose in court in Scarlett trial: Lawyer - Apr 14, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett's character being maligned: Fiona - Aug 02, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Spanish friend to depose in Scarlett rape case - Apr 02, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- Scarlett rape, murder trial to begin - Mar 19, 2010
- Scarlett trial scarring Goa's image in Britain: Tourism body - Apr 14, 2010
Tags: air traffic, british teenager, carvalho, cbi, central bureau of investigation, crimes against children, fiona, gcc, goa police, India, lawyer, panaji, phenomenon, placido, prosecution, samson, scarlett, souza, summons, volcanic ash