Scarlett’s boyfriend’s aunts thought evil possessed him: FionaJuly 30th, 2010 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 30 (IANS) Scarlett Keeling’s boyfriend Julio Lobo’s aunts thought he was possessed by evil, the British teenager’s mother Fiona Mackeown told a local trial court Friday.
Fiona, 46, is in Goa to depose before the judicial authorities in connection with Scarlett Keeling’s trial at the Goa Children’s Court.
“His aunts were throwing holy water on him (Julio) as evil has (had) attacked him and wanted to get rid of them,” said Fiona, recalling a meeting with Julio at Curlies shack in Anjuna, a few days after Scarlett’s death.
According to a Roman Catholic custom, holy water blessed by the Church on Easter day is often used to sprinkle on a believer’s body to “drive out the devil” which could have possessed him/her.
Scarlett, 15, was living with Julio Lobo, when Fiona, her partner and the rest of Scarlett’s siblings were holidaying in Gokarna, a coastal town in Karnataka, nearly 120 km from here.
Julio was the first person to inform Fiona about Scarlett’s death over phone Feb 18, 2008. He was first employed as a waiter at Curlies when he met Fiona and Scarlett and later switched to working as a tour guide for foreigners.
In the course of investigations, Julio was also arrested for staying with a minor, which is illegal under the Goa Children’s Act (GCA). He was later released on bail.
- Goa court acquits Scarlett's boyfriend - Nov 25, 2009
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- 'Night before death Scarlett was singing, talking about stars' - Jul 29, 2010
- Scarlett's mother to depose in Goa court July 30 - Jul 26, 2010
- Scarlett case dragging, CBI prosecutor wants to withdraw - Feb 03, 2011
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling murder retold on 'Anjuna Beach' - Jul 02, 2011
- Fiona unable to come for Scarlett's April 16 hearing - Apr 15, 2010
- 'Police officers being hounded for exposing Goa drug trade' - Feb 01, 2011
- Scarlett trial scarring Goa's image in Britain: Tourism body - Apr 14, 2010
- Scarlett case: Mother says trial could help other tourist victims seek justice - Jul 31, 2010