Scarlette’s mother directed to appear before Goa PoliceMarch 15th, 2008 - 3:44 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 15 (IANS) The Goa Police Saturday sent a notice to Fiona Mackewon, the mother of slain British tourist Scarlette Keeling, directing her to appear before the Superintendent of Police and record her statement. Inspector General of Police (IGP) Kishen Kumar told IANS: “Since Fiona is alleging that there is a nexus between the police and the accused in the case and that the police are trying to cover-up the case, we have decided to record her statement.”
The IGP said Fiona has made allegations pointing to a strong nexus between the drug mafia, the police and the home ministry of Goa.
According to Fiona’s contentions, the government and the police have tried their best to “protect the criminals”.
The police have arrested two bartenders Samson D’Souza and Placido Carvalho for the rape and murder of Scarlette Keeling, 15, whose semi-naked body was found at the Anjuna beach in Goa.
The police have also issued a lookout notice for prime witness Mike Masala who was present at the bar on the night of the incident and is a close associate of both the arrested.
Masala, a British national, however, fled the country and approached the British High Commission claiming that he has vital information about the case but cannot depose as a witness fearing for his life.
Kishen Kumar said: “Carvalho has confessed that before his arrest he asked his wife to call Mike Masala and direct him to flee the country immediately.” Kumar added that the police have approached the British High Commission and ensured safety to Masala if he deposes as a witness.
Carvalho was taken to a local hospital after he complained of health problems. “Carvalho complained of feeling uneasy and he was taken to a local hospital for check-up,” Kumar said.
- Scarlett's mother to depose in Goa court July 30 - Jul 26, 2010
- Fiona likely to depose in court in Scarlett trial: Lawyer - Apr 14, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- Spanish friend to depose in Scarlett rape case - Apr 02, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- 'Probe Goa home minister's son in Scarlett case' (Lead) - Jul 29, 2010
- 'Night before death Scarlett was singing, talking about stars' - Jul 29, 2010
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010
- Scarlett rape, murder trial to begin - Mar 19, 2010
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling murder retold on 'Anjuna Beach' - Jul 02, 2011
- A year on, justice continues to elude Scarlett Keeling - Feb 18, 2009