Scarlette’s body brought to Mumbai, en route to BritainMarch 27th, 2008 - 8:14 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) British teenager tourist Scarlette Keeling’s body was flown from Goa to Mumbai Thursday afternoon and it will reach Britain Monday. “The body was flown to Mumbai after getting the required permission and will be kept in a mortuary after which it will be flown to Britain for her last rites,” Vikram Verma, the advocate for the 15-year-old’s mother Fiona MacKeown, told IANS.
Verma added that MacKeown was planning to seek the opinion of a forensic expert from Britain. Goa authorities have already conducted two forensic examinations on the body.
Inspector General of Goa police Kishen Kumar told IANS: “We have handed over the body to MacKeown. If she wants to conduct more forensic examinations, then it is her wish.”
Keeling’s semi-nude body was found on the Anjuna beach in Goa Feb 18. The Goa police have arrested two locals - barman Samson D’Souza and alleged drug dealer Placido Carvalho - for drugging and raping the teenager.
Initially, the police contended that she died due to drowning but further investigations revealed she was raped repeatedly before she died.
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- Keeling lawyer says Goa police, drug lords in cahoots - Apr 05, 2010
- Scarlett's character being maligned: Fiona - Aug 02, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother charged with benefit fraud: report - Nov 19, 2009
- I don't know if there will be justice: Fiona Mackeown - Apr 19, 2010
- Scarlett case: Mother says trial could help other tourist victims seek justice - Jul 31, 2010
- Scarlett rape, murder trial to begin - Mar 19, 2010
- Fiona likely to depose in court in Scarlett trial: Lawyer - Apr 14, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling murder trial to begin on April 5 - Mar 19, 2010
- Murdered Brit teen Scarlett Keeling's mum admits to benefit fraud - Mar 20, 2010
- Goa rape-murder victim Scarlett Keeling's stepfather found dead in UK - Apr 17, 2010
- Scarlett's mother to depose in Goa court July 30 - Jul 26, 2010
- Scarlett's mother 'shocked' as murder, rape charges dropped - Oct 22, 2009