SC notice to Haryana government on mosque landJune 18th, 2012 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday issued notice to the Haryana government and directed status quo on a plea challenging allotment to a mosque a land originally earmarked for a police station in Gurgaon district.
The apex court vacation bench of Justice H.L. Gokhale and Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai issued notice and ordered status quo after senior counsel Nidhesh Gupta told the court that an area of 968 sq. yard was allotted for a mosque which was earlier supposed to come up elsewhere.
Gupta appeared for Raghubar Dayal and 79 other petitioners who challenged the allocation of the land in sector 57 for the mosque.
The petitioners challenged the June 1 order of the Punjab and Haryana High Court dismissing their plea challenging the allotment of land.
Assailing the high court order, the petition said that it failed to appreciate that the allotment of the land was done in violation of the guidelines for allotment of plots to social, religious and charitable institutions.
- SC declines plea on Tamil Nadu government's secretariat (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- SC stays Rajasthan judicial services exam (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- SC notice on green nod for Maharashtra power project (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Admission software hacked, medical student tells court - Jun 19, 2012
- Apex court refuses to suspend Jayalalithaa's trial (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Apex court suspends vote recount in Bellary Lok Sabha poll - Jun 26, 2012
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Apex court issues notice to IMA over doctors' strike - Jun 25, 2012
- Apex court notice in Ghai land allocation case - Mar 23, 2012
- SC notice on vacant post-graduate medical seats (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Website not hacked: Health ministry (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Supreme Court notice on IAS officer's bail plea - Oct 20, 2011
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Court stays Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal - May 29, 2012
- Admission software hacked, medical student tells court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012