SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar’s bail pleaJuly 16th, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday issued notice to the CBI on a petition by Nupur Talwar seeking bail in the double murder of her daughter and the family’s domestic help Hemraj.
An apex court bench of Justice A.K. Patnaik and Justice J.S. Khehar issued notice after senior counsel Mukul Rohatgi contended that Nupur Talwar had been in custody for the last 3 months and there was no reason for her continued incarceration.
Rohatgi told the court that Nupur Talwar had challenged the closure report filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the twin murders and this made it evident that she had no intention to sweep under the carpet anything relating to the crime.
Nupur Talwar has challenged a Allahabad High Court order rejecting her bail plea. The court fixed Aug 6 as the next date of hearing
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- No arrest for Nupur Talwar, rules apex court (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC orders release of Nupur Talwar on bail (Third Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till Tuesday (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Framing of charges underway in Aarushi case - May 22, 2012
- Aarushi murder case adjourned till Tuesday (Second Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court, challenges bail rejection - May 02, 2012
Tags: allahabad high court, apex, apex court, bail plea, carpet, cbi, central bureau of investigation, closure report, court bench, domestic help, double murder, intention, murders, New Delhi, nupur, petition, senior counsel, supreme court, talwar