SC gives CBI two weeks’ extension in Prajapati caseJuly 20th, 2012 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) The Supreme Court Friday gave the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) another two weeks time to complete its investigation and file a chargesheet in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake shootout case.
An apex court bench headed by Justice B.S. Chauhan also told the investigating agency that this would be the last extension.
Tulsiram Prajapati, according to the CBI, was an eyewitness to the abduction of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi by Gujarat police in 2005 while they were travelling from Hyderabad to Sangli in Maharshtra.
The probe agency has sought one month’s time to prepare the final report and file the chargesheet in the case.
It said that the extension has been necessitated because of the change in the chief investigating officer. The investigating agency said that the earlier chief investigating officer has been replaced by the CBI Superintendent of Police Sandeep Tamgadge.
The apex court has handed over the investigation in the case to the CBI on the plea by his mother Narmada Bai April 8 last year.
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- CBI gets another month to probe Prajapati killing - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati case few days - Aug 28, 2012
- CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati killing in few days (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Amit Shah headed extortion gang, CBI tells apex court - Mar 09, 2011
- SC rejects Gujarat's plea to review Prajapati shootout order - Jul 13, 2012
- SC reserves verdict on Amit Shah's bail in Sohrabuddin case (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- CBI pinning Sohrabuddin's crimes on me, says Amit Shah - Mar 11, 2011
- Shootout chain reconstructed in Gujarat court - Jul 09, 2011
- Gujarat shootout case: Supreme Court orders CBI probe (Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Sohrabuddin aide's murder also part of conspiracy: CBI - Aug 25, 2010
- Gujarat, Rajasthan cops slapped with Prajapati murder case - Apr 29, 2011
- Prajapati killing, Amar Singh cases to figure in apex court - Feb 13, 2011
- Police files chargesheet in Prajapati killing - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: abduction, apex, apex court, bai, cbi, central bureau of investigation, court bench, gujarat police, hyderabad, investigating agency, New Delhi, plea, sandeep, sheikh, superintendent, supreme court